Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bradenton, Florida January 2010



The great thing about boating in Florida, you can see the bottom...coming from South Carolina waters I have come to rely heavily on the GPS and always pay close attention to the depth. The boat I took out did not have a GPS. At first this was disturbing. But it just makes you appreciate the old way of doing things; charts and markers....and of course asking the staff. Fortunately, the staff was extremely helpful at giving me directions. My goal was to navigate out through the Manatee River through Tampa Bay and head down Anna Maria Sound. Although this was an extremely chilly January, the day is bright and sunny. Too cold to enter the water so destination boating was the goal of the day. We decided to have lunch at a place called Mar Vista in Long Boat Key www.groupersandwich.com A fantastic place to dine.
Plenty of dockage. Easy trip from Bradenton. Next time, I plan on heading all the way down to Sarasota Bay....see if I can dock and shop at St. Armonds Circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment